Monday, July 18, 2011

Question about accutane?

ok, ever sense I was 13/14 I used to get mild pimples just on my forehead. I had shaggy long hair and it just came along with greasy hair. I got benzyl peroxide and it helped, but left like red marks, that im assuming are scars. Now i'm 16, and i dont get acne anymore on my forehead, its moved to my face. its moderate, but the pimples i get are like red sore bumps, and as of now only have like 2 active, but like 5-6 dark red marks on each cheek but theyre like left over from acne. These red marks aparently look like moles, and they match my skin, but that all depends on the lighting.. The red marks/scars have been there for months and havent faded. I got minocycline from the doctor a month ago, but that didnt help the red marks at all. 4 days ago i was put on 40mg of accutane, and my dermotologist said "your condition is very moderate it should be all cleared up in a month or 2"... so based on peoples experiences, and what i've said what do you think about my situation? I thought you skin was suppose to break out in the first few months, is it possible to be cured so soon? my friend had it really bad, and he was all cleared up in 3-4 months,.... im on summer holidays now, and i have atleast 60 days left before school, but will that be enough time?

No comments:

Post a Comment